Pre-Conference Workshop Day
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Networking
WORKSHOP A9:00 am - 10:30 am Establish a process framework and drive global process ownership to reduce operational complexities
- Why your focus on process ownership needs to be dependent on key leaders within the organisation
- Reduce complexities in change because by having a process framework in place
- Process models to enable organisational alignment
- Accumulate benefits with consistency due to your process framework foundations
- Is it possible to drive standardisation and a harmonisation process; are they mutually exclusive?
WORKSHOP B9:00 am - 10:30 am The importance of recruitment in OPEX
- Use your leadership principles to guide your recruitment policy
- How to compete with disruptors and younger organisations for the best talent
- Why should millennials work for you?
- Why data analytics enhances decision-making and allows senior management to spend more time on critical business cases
WORKSHOP C9:00 am - 10:30 am End-to-end business transformation for the process and customer journey
- Create a roadmap for the organisation that the board are comfortable with
- Master a bottom up approach for those dealing with customers on the front line
- Who are you going to drive the transformation with: Business model capabilities, change management and process execution
10:30 am - 11:00 am Networking Break
WORKSHOP D11:00 am - 12:30 pm Get your basics right before starting an end-to-end process transformation
- Set the right context, vision and objectives for your programme
- Review your business operating model and examine the capabilities required to become a truly customer-centric business
- Understand the root causes within today’s processes; the opportunities to improve and deliver strategic business objectives, before you change or automate
- Align all stakeholders behind the programme and empower them to make end-to-end decisions based on a framework of governance and trust
- Why your leadership is imperative to successful, strategic business transformation
WORKSHOP E11:00 am - 12:30 pm Build your own user centric business application to drive operational and process excellence
- Business system as a key pillar of operational excellence
- What is Design Thinking and why it’s important
- How Design Thinking works
- Practical: Design Thinking Session
- Demo: Building the app we designed in the practical
WORKSHOP F11:00 am - 12:30 pm Process improvement planning, configuration and deployment through powerful business process management
- Maximise customer value while minimising waste
- Assess your process and identify how it can be improved
- How to develop your specific process with an emphasis on low code automation technology
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Networking Lunch
WORKSHOP G1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Promote a company-wide culture around quality and innovation
- Drive measurable return by focusing resources on the highest value projects, keep them on track and ensure benefits flow to the bottom line
- Increase productivity through better visibility into the project portfolio, enabling teams to share project experience, best practice, templates and replicate success
- Increase efficiency and streamline execution through customisable improvement management tools, centralised data retention, formal stage gate reviews and approvals and minimised resource downtime
- Align strategy thanks to real-time dashboarding with key performance indicators, including status, overall health and financial impact to report completion and success
WORKSHOP H1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Make culturally sustained change
- What people Change Models are out there?
- Overview of Influencer™ by VitalSmarts
- Class participation in using this model
- Case study: An all employee problem solving culture
WORKSHOP I1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Is your business ready to be transformed with robotic process automation?
- Find out how automation is transforming the way entire organizations work
- Witness first-hand how quick and easy it is to build a software bot
- Learn which of your business needs could be addressed by RPA
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Networking Break
WORKSHOP J3:30 pm - 5:00 pm From Silo to System: Your approach to successful business transformation
- Digital Twin: Learn how to perform while you transform
- How you can overcome common roadblocks in change management
- How to develop an agile response to changes in the external environment
- How you can use the business equivalent of an in-car ‘navigation system’ to deliver operational efficiency and customer-centricity
- Enable the vital connectivity of people, processes and systems
WORKSHOP K3:30 pm - 5:00 pm How do you successfully implement Hoshin Planning...what I wish I’d known before I started!
- What is Hoshin planning and why does it work?
- What are typically the different stages of maturity (Crawl, Walk, Run...) and how do you know what to aim for?
- What are the typical pitfalls and how do you avoid them?
- How you scale and sustain Hoshin planning?
WORKSHOP L3:30 pm - 5:00 pm Creating pace by building organisational agility
- Free your organisation from traditional hierarchies to become a more dynamic team of teams
- Create a leadership culture centred around purpose and empowerment, not command and control
- Get ahead of opportunities and challenges by creating a forward thinking approach
- Understand the advantages of having an ‘evolution over revolution’ mind-set
- Deliver freely available insight everywhere that enables effective and fast decision making