Head of Digital Transformation Office
Conference Day Two - Wednesday 3rd April
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
2:30 PM Case study Henkel X: Accelerating Henkel’s entrepreneurial transformation - a cultural transformation program embracing open innovation
In 2017, Henkel began a major transformation toward a new business model to underpin the future growth of the €20bn business. The agile, hyper-connected and entrepreneurial platform Henkel X was launched beginning of 2018, to accelerates Henkel’s entrepreneurial transformation across three pillars: Ecosystem, Experience and Experimentation.
Michaela will share her approach to designing and driving a successful programme, including the following key elements:
- Outcomes of our extensive benchmarking study to find an own approach of a digital transformation journey
- The role of culture and collaboration for innovation vs. technology as an enabler
- How the programme has performed in the first year and key lessons learnt
Issues up for discussion and debate include:
- How are teams structured in terms of IT and process excellence at different organisations and what is the effect?
- What is the delineation between OPEX and IT when it comes to digitally-oriented operational improvements?
- Avoiding infighting between the two functions
- How are IT and OPEX learning from each other’s change methodologies and to what extent are companies combining them?